Saturday 12 January 2013

My formidable foe and food cravings.

It has taken me a lifetime to realise fear is furtive and has many disguises and because of this, it's no wonder it is such a formidable foe.

Fear about your own ability can prevent you from doing your best work and fear about how your work is received can prevent you from doing your own work. 

What I'm also taking time to realise is that uncertainty is essential for creative work to emerge.

On to more lighthearted reflections. 

After eating 'fresh fruit' from local supermarkets this wintery morning in Scotland, I crave the oranges I ate every morning for 2 weeks in San Francisco; I crave the peaches I devoured in the Okanagan Valley in Canada; I crave the small Tenerife bananas. Ach well, the porridge was good and some Scottish smoked salmon is lined up for 'brunch'. 

Food cravings anyone? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michael Marten had a useful perspective on this morning (the fear rather than the fresh fruit) ... be confident and treat the uncertainty as a quest rather than an insecurity

James Dyas Davidson said...

I'll check out what Michael said. His perspective is correct but I still think that sentiment is easier said than done for some people. As I get older I'm finding it easier.
Thanks for the comment Mike.